- Veritude is hiring a Java Developer to work in Durham, NC at Fidelity Investments.
- The position will encompass a range of tasks within a development team and will be responsible for design, development and testing of highly scalable multi-threaded Java based components that work independently and/or that leverage messaging frameworks, database objects to provide middleware services.
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills and a highly professional attitude are essential.
- Characteristics including strong work ethic, leadership, attention to detail, assertiveness and initiative are expected.
- Design, build, maintain and support critical trading applications deployed in cloud and non-cloud environments
- A proactive problem solver with the ability to work with minimum supervision when given a goal.
- Strong understanding of Distributed Technology with a minimum of 6 years core java development experience .
- Strong experience with TIBCO or MQ (RabbitMQ and or IBM MQ) or other Messaging frameworks
- Strong working knowledge with relational databases , preferably Oracle.
- Experience in Redis or similar technologies
- Experience in developing RESTful Web services using JSON and XML formats, unit testing techniques.
- Experience in microservices architecture (netflix, spring boot, etc)
- Knowledge in J2EE, XML, DHTML, JMS, Web Services, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc).
- Experience in developing applications for deployment in a cloud environment (AWS, etc)
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Experience with in-memory databases (like KDB) a plus
- FIX Messaging Protocol a plus
- Experience in high-volume message processing (millions of messages per day) a plus
- Experience or familiarity with Fixed Income trading, Trading Systems is a plus.