- This Senior Software Developer will be the sole Engineer on the Enterprise Mobile Foundation Team here at client and will function in a SME and Team Lead capacity.
- Candidates will work to provide guidance and solutions to multiple mobile development teams across the client’s Technology and Business departments.
- Candidates are responsible for working with business partners and guiding their mobile application development teams in regards to code reviews, helping to test applications, establishing best practices, and architecting solutions.
- Candidates will also work with vendors who develop client’s applications, providing code reviews, helping architect and design solutions, facilitate testing, etc.
- This Senior candidate will be responsible for both Greenfield development and enhancements to existing solutions on BOTH iOS applications and Android Applications.
- Day to day, their time will be split roughly 50/50 between hands on application development , and working on POC’s for the architect and business teams, and in meetings with the business, helping to solution and drive solutions and best practices.
- Qualified candidates must have experience as a full tack developer – and experience working on both the front and back end development of enterprise mobile applications.
- This person should not be someone that has solely developed applications “on the side.”
- Candidates should have professional experience guiding and developing scalable, applications used at an enterprise level.
Work Activities or Context:
- Effectively applies knowledge and skills of software development and testing to solve a range of problems.
- Partners with other Technology Team members to provide advice or solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- Keeps informed about current developments within his or her area of expertise.
- Proactively identifies problems, performs root cause analysis, investigates information, performs impact analysis
- Formulates and executes plans to develop solutions.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Understands and can estimate effort and value for solutions
- Understands at a broad level how technology platforms or architectures are applied to automated business solutions.
Systems Development Engineering:
- Facilitate or complete Analysis, design, and programming of viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications.
- Develop or approve detail program specifications.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, and influence technical designs.
Testing or Deliverable Quality:
- Participate in system and acceptance testing.
- Ensure that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Sets up or follows established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity of work.
- Understand dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work.
- Establishes or follows prioritization processes to drive work and has a sense of urgency about getting work completed.
- Looks for and seizes opportunities to do more or to do things better.
- Analyze and resolve multiple complex problems without direction.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
- Highly organized and self-directed.
- Appropriately shares ideas and information with others.
- Practices attentive and active listening.
- Ensures that regular and consistent communications take place.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
- Expresses oneself clearly in conversation and interaction with others.
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training required.
- 5 or more years of professional experience developing enterprise mobile applications required.
- Full stack mobile application development experience is required.
- Desire to work with BOTH iOS and Android application development is required.
- Experience developing BOTH iOS applications and Andriod applications required.
- Experience working in a lead capacity – guiding best practices, architecting solutions and performing code reviews is required.
- From a front end perspective for iOS, experience using SWIFT, and Objective C required.
- From a front end perspective for Android, experience using Java and Kotlin required.
- From a front end perspective for mobile web development, experience utilizing the React framework preferred.
- From a backend perspective, experience using Java services is required.
- Experience working with AWS as a backend, and associated tools such as DynamoDB, AWS Amplify, App Sync, etc, preferred.
Skills or Abilities or Knowledge or Work Style:
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Able to analyze large, complex, and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service or team oriented environment.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work.
- Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
- Able to manage ambiguity in a positive manner.
- Java 4 to 6 years experience
- Agile: 6 plus years experience
- Amazon Web Services: 1 to 2 years experience
- iOS: 2 to 4 years experience
- Mobile Application Design: 4 to 6 years experience
- Swift Programming: 2 to 4 years experience
- Web services: 4 to 6 years experience