Key SkillsCAPACITY PLANNINGCommunicationsDatabaseDevelopmentHardwareNetworkOracleProject ManagementSAPSecuritySkilledSoftwareSWITCH CAPACITYHROracle Apps E-Business Suite
- Design, model, configure, test, and install databases.
- Document database backup, recovery, capacity, and security plans.
- Administer, maintain, and implement changes to existing databases to meet Customer requirements.
- Respond to test and production database problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas.
Customer or Business Orientation:
- Focus on internal and external Customer requirements.
- Interact with business Customers to define, analyze, and deliver Customer requirements.
- Demonstrates proficient understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s).
- Develop business process understanding across multiple business Customers.
- Serve as a communications liaison between the business Customer and the technology development and support groups.
- Document and communicate assigned work progress to immediate project team, and management.
- Communicate problems or issues in a timely manner.
- Manage resolution of problems and escalate as required.
- Employ productivity aids in all aspects of assignments.
- Analyze and resolve problems of medium complexity.
- Research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution, with minimal supervision.
Systems Development Engineering:
- Design, create, implement, and support databases to meet project and system design requirements.
- Implement moderately complex changes to existing databases.
- Install and configure new database engines and upgrades to new product releases.
- Implement physical data models at a project level.
- Create, document, and administer, and document database backup and recovery plans, capacity plans and security plans to meet project requirements.
Testing or Deliverable Quality:
- Assist less senior DBA’s when testing new product and database engine releases to ensure features and functions are acceptable.
- Ensure integration across systems software and platforms.
- Analyze and resolve highly problems of medium to high complexity.
- Use database or system management.
- Tools proficiently.
- Monitor and tune existing databases of medium complexity and moderate business exposure.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve database problems.
- Provide general technical support to Services and Development groups.
- 24X7 duty required for on-call rotation.
- Develop volume and cost estimates.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, and / or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- 7 plus year hands on experience with Oracle, RAC, OEM and Exadata
- Demonstrates experience with computer or network systems or hardware and software development methodology or processes obtained through formal training, education and / or work experience.
- Experience with design and development of at least one database engine.
- Completes tasks with minimal direction.
- Consequences of error carry a moderate risk to the organization.
- Proficient knowledge of physical database design, capacity planning, security planning, backup and recovery systems, operating systems, data modeling, query language, at least one database engine, performance and testing, and software development concepts and technology.
- Proficient knowledge of computer or network systems or hardware and software development methodology and process.
- Proficient knowledge of technical or business environments
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills, so as to gather and communicate business Customer requirements to technology development and support groups.
- Ability, within a specific technology area to independently complete root cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement medium size development projects or major components of large projects.
- Ability to review the technical work of / coach less senior DBA’s.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of medium complexity.
- Ability to manage projects using the organization’s project management methodology.
- Ability to work effectively in a strong Customer service or team oriented environment.
- Change Management: 6 plus years experience
- Database Design: 6 plus years experience
- Database security: 6 plus years experience
- Linux: 6 plus years experience
- Oracle: 6 plus years experience
- Remedy: 6 plus years experience
- SQl Plus: 6 plus years experience
- Database management: 6 plus years experience
- Oracle DBA: 6 plus years experience