Pinnacle Technical Resources Canada, Inc.
Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Statement of Commitment
Accessibility Policy & Compliance
Pinnacle has developed an Accessibility Policy governing how Pinnacle will achieve accessibility in accordance with Ontario’s accessibility laws. This Policy will be reviewed as required by the AODA. Pinnacle’s Accessibility Policy is available to the public in standard and accessible formats, upon request.
An accessibility compliance report was submitted to the Accessibility Directorate of Ontario in October of 2017. Pinnacle will submit its next accessibility compliance report no later than June 30, 2021, as required by the government of Ontario.
Customer Service Standards
Pinnacle is committed to providing its services to persons with disabilities in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities and has already developed policies in this regard, which include:
- As part of our employee training, we educate our employees on AODA and inform them of the importance of respectful communication and on ways to communicate in a manner that accommodates the needs of a person with disabilities.
- Alternative methods of communication are available upon request to both customers and employees to ensure that information is accessible.
Training for Staff
We are committed to training staff on Ontario’s accessibility laws and aspects of the Ontario Human Rights Code that relate to persons with disabilities.
Pinnacle provides training as required by the AODA to:
- all employees and volunteers
- anyone involved in developing our policies
- anyone who provides goods, services, or facilities to customers on our behalf
Pinnacle has incorporated this training requirement into onboarding practices to ensure that new employees complete the required training as soon as practicable. Training will also be required where there are changes to Pinnacle’s accessibility policies and procedures.
Information and Communications Standards
Pinnacle is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities and has developed policies in this regard.
- Pinnacle’s Accessibility Policy also provides for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities, upon request.
- Pinnacle has taken steps to meet internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA website requirements in accordance with Ontario’s accessibility laws.
Pinnacle also welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service.
- Pinnacle’s Accessibility Policy contains a process for receiving and responding to feedback in an accessible manner.
- Upon receiving any feedback with respect to accessibility, we are prepared to investigate the feedback and, where appropriate, to put in place measures stemming from the feedback that ensure that the needs of persons with disabilities are being met.
Pinnacle is committed to ensuring that, where required, accommodations are made for both employees and prospective employees with disabilities.
- Pinnacle notifies employees, potential hires, and the public that accommodations can be made during recruitment and hiring.
- Pinnacle notifies staff that supports are available for those with disabilities.
- When an employee makes a request for accommodation, Human Resources will meet with the employee and with the employee’s manager in order to come up with an individual accommodation plan that accommodates the individual to the point of undue hardship.
- Where needed, Pinnacle will also provide customized emergency information to help an employee with a disability during an emergency.
Accessibility Plan Review
This Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five (5) years. This Plan was most recently reviewed and updated in February of 2021.
For more information on our accessibility plan and policies, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-619-4662.
Standard and accessible formats of this document are available upon request.